The Top 5 Things We Love about Disney's Contemporary Resort
And so, without further ado…our top five things we love about Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
5. The Pools: While the resorts pools are “unthemed” we like to think of them as understated and well, contemporary. The resort features a main pool with a 17-foot slide and is on the shores of Bay Lake. The quiet pool is known as the “Bullseye Pool” and is next to the larger pool. This smaller pool is flanked by cabanas – which are one of the best places to spend a day at the pool. (Remember: You need to make reservations for the cabanas!)
4. Location! Location! Location!: You have to admit the location of the Contemporary is pretty amazing. You’re within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom and life doesn’t get much better than that. And the views of the park, Bay Lake, the Seven Seas Lagoon, and the Grand Floridian (to name a few of the amazing views) are worth the money!
3. The Mary Blair Mural: This 90-foot high mural is one of the most iconic pieces of artwork on Disney property and we just can’t get enough of it! The mural is a focal point in the Grand Canyon Concourse and was constructed from 1,800 hand-painted tiles. Did you know the 5-legged goat is one of the most popular images on the mural? It is meant to symbolize that nothing is perfect, and is a nod to the traditions of the American Indian children showcased on the mural.
2. Incredible Dining Options: You’ll find three table-service restaurants, two counter service restaurants, one coffee bar, one separate lounge, and room service at the Contemporary so you’ll never go hungry! The resort is home to the amazing California Grill, one of Disney’s signature restaurants. You’ll also find The Wave and the ever-popular Chef Mickey’s. The Contempo Café is a great grab-and-go location, and you can get your coffee at Contemporary Grounds. And then, kick back and relax at The Outer Rim Lounge or The Sand Bar.
1. The Monorail: No list of the best things about the Contemporary is complete without the Monorail. This is the only Walt Disney World resort that has Monorail tracks inside the resort (the tracks at the Grand Floridian and Polynesia are outside the hotel). You can take the Monorail from the resort to the Transportation and Ticket Center, the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, and the Magic Kingdom. There is also an express Monorail that only travels to the Magic Kingdom and the TTC.
What is your favorite thing about Disney’s Contemporary Resort? Leave us a comment and let us know!